*Some links on theshowercaddy.com are Amazon affiliate links, and if you use them to make a purchase, we may earn affiliate commissions (at no extra cost to you). Learn more.
A functional bathroom is one where you have everything within your reach. It doesn’t matter if it’s small or spacious; you only need to reach your hand to specific points and get what you need on instinct. This applies as well when you take a shower.
You can have everything you use in the shower when you get a free standing shower caddy. Choosing a cheap one may not be the best idea if you use a lot of bathing products. That’s why I have compiled a quick list with the best standing shower caddies you can get for your money.
I’m also taking a few lines to share the knowledge I’ve gathered about shower caddies and how to pick the right one. But first, let’s take a quick look at our recommended product:
Table of Contents
- 3 Benefits of Free Standing Shower Caddies
- Best Free-Standing Shower Caddy Reviews
- 1. The Simplehuman Free Standing Shower Caddy
- 2. The Tenby Living Free-Standing Shower Storage
- 3. The OXO Lafayette’ Rust-Resistant 3-Tier Corner Spa Tower
- 4. The Bino Monaco Rust-Resistant Free-standing Corner Shower Caddy
- 5. The mDesign Metal Floor Standing Shower Caddy
- 6. The iDesign Forma Metal Wire Free-Standing Shower Organizer
- 7. EcoDecors Oasis Free-Standing Corner Shower Shelf
- 8. The iDesign York Metal Wire Standing Corner Shower Caddy
- 9. The iDesign Forma Metal Wire Standing Shower Shelf
- 10. The Bino Lafayette Rust-Resistant 3-Tier Spa Tower
- 11. Gobam Free-Standing Shower Shelf
- Choosing Materials
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Does standing caddies sit on the edge of the shower or in the tub?
- Q: The floor in my shower is uneven; will these shower caddies stand on it?
- Q: Can I put a caddy in the dishwasher?
- Q: Are these shower caddies sturdy enough to put my foot on them when I shave my legs?
- Q: How do I clean the shelves of my caddy?
- Closing Thoughts
The SimpleHuman Corner CaddyCreated using state of the art technology and prime-quality aluminum, the SimpleHuman Corner Shower Caddy has a reinforced pole that holds two large racks able to withstand a lot of weight.
Equipped with storage hooks and adjustable feet, this standing shower caddy is the best accessory you can get to keep everything in place in your bathroom.
3 Benefits of Free Standing Shower Caddies
A standing shower caddy is one of the most useful bathroom accessories you can get if you like to keep everything in order in your bathroom. I could go on with a very detailed explanation about the advantages of getting one, but I have narrowed it down to three specific traits:
You Can Install Them Yourself
As you search for standing shower caddies on the web, you will notice that almost no models need hardware to be installed. At most, they need some assembly and to be placed in the best spot in the shower, and that’s it.
They Can Hold a Lot of Weight
A lot of caddies can’t hold much weight without being mounted on the wall. A standing shower caddy solves that problem in a single swipe. The design of these accessories is meant to withstand a lot of weight, and they don’t need to rely on additional hardware or suction cups to do this.
You Get More Storage Space
You will notice how a lot of standing shower caddies have fewer shelves than other models. This is mostly because each rack is designed to have more space; thus, they can hold more products without any problems.
Best Free-Standing Shower Caddy Reviews
Now it is time to take a moment to share my recommended list of standing shower caddies. I tested all these products so that I can vouch for them.
I took a long, hard look at each one, and these were the best options when it came to price, materials, stability, practicality, and overall quality. On we go:
|Top||Simplehuman Rust-Proof Stainless Steel||Buy on Amazon|
|Top||Tenby Living Plastic Storage with Movab||Buy on Amazon|
|Top||OXO Lafayette Good Grips Caddy||Buy on Amazon|
|Top||BINO Monaco 4-Tier Nickel Caddy||Buy on Amazon|
|Top||mDesign Chrome Caddy||Buy on Amazon|
|Top||iDesign Bronze Shower Organizer||Buy on Amazon|
|Top||EcoDecors Teak Caddy||Buy on Amazon|
|Top||iDesign Wire Satin Caddy||Buy on Amazon|
|Top||iDesign Forma||Buy on Amazon|
|Top||Bino Lafayette||Buy on Amazon|
|Top||GOBAM Bamboo Caddy||Buy on Amazon|
If you are hunting for stylized metal accessories for your bathroom, it doesn’t get any better than the Simplehuman free standing shower caddy.
With enough room to organize all your bathroom products, this caddy has a very sleek design manufactured with a firm aluminum spine and set of adjustable feet that will keep everything in place without trouble.
This corner caddy is also loaded with a few convenient storage hooks a 5-years warranty straight from the manufacturer.
- Made of durable materials with a stern aluminum spine
- Lined with rust-proof materials to make it last
- Strategic location and positioning made easier due to adjustable feet
- Enough shelve space for larger bottles
- Five-year warranty
- If used at floor-level it makes it difficult to reach your products
- Needs periodical care
Never run out of room for your bathing products with the Tenby Living Corner Shower Caddy. You can hold all your shower products using this free standing shower storage.
This mold-resistant caddy was created using state of the art plastic resins to make it more durable than any other of its kind.
The adjustable feet will help you keep this caddy in pace with no wobbling, and you can set the height of your shelves according to your needs.
- A lot of room to store your bathroom products
- The caddy is made with mold-proof materials
- The adjustable feet will keep stable on uneven floors
- Shelves can be adjusted to accommodate your needs
- Easy to assemble
- You will have to crouch to reach the bottom products on the caddy
- Too much weight on the top levels can make it fall over
The OXO model is probably one of the most visually stunning designs we could find for shower caddies on the web.
With a hefty build that raises three feet tall, all the trays in this caddy can be conveniently adjusted to make your caddy as useful as you need.
The three feet at the base of this product are lined with non-slip materials to make it stay in place as you take a shower.
Don’t worry if you bump into it. The OXO good grips stainless steel corner standing shower caddy hasnon-flip bumpers will hold it in place along all your bathing products
- Amazing design, sturdy build
- Multiple trays that can be easily adjusted
- Impeccable draining system to keep all trays clean at all time
- Equipped with non-slip material at the base to keep it from sliding or falling
- It has a high price point
- Trays are not as practical as shelves
Very few bathroom accessories make themselves as distinguishable as the Bino Monaco caddy shower.
This rust-resistant free standing corner shower caddy has been manufactured with pure stainless steel and powder-coated with nickel.
It includes four shelves that cannot be moved or changed from their original position, but each one has more than enough space to hold all the bathroom products you may need.
- The unique look and sleek design give a distinguished and refined look to your shower
- Manufactured with stainless steel
- Four shelves evenly distributed for extra space
- Powder-coated with nickel to make it more durable
- Shelves stay in place
- It will only look good in a corner placement
An accessory designed for vertical storage, this rectangular metal caddy is excellent to keep all shower essentials at hand.
The shelves are basket-sized and great to place any products or a set of towels. The classy design makes it ideal for any bathroom in your house.
The sturdy build of the steel wire with rust-resistant materials makes this floor standing shower caddy very durable, and the open grid allows the flow of water to prevent any puddles or mold on your products.
- Classy design that suits any bathroom in the house
- Each rack has a lot of space to place whatever you need for your bathroom
- Manufactured with rust-proof materials to make it durable
- Open grid allows the passage of water to prevent mold
- Too much weight on the top section will make it fall over
- Is best suited for small spaces
Make sure to have everything within your reach with the iDesign Forma metal wire corner free standing shower organizer.
This bathroom accessory has three large wired metal racks to make your life easier. It can be placed in any corner of the shower or outside of it to hold towels, spare rolls of paper, or scented candles.
The free standing shower organizer was created using the best stainless available in the market, and it has been decorated using rust-resistant paint with a light bronze finish that brings an air of distinction to your bathroom.
- The classy and modern design brings a lot of versatility to this shower caddy
- It can be used inside the shower as well as outside of it
- It can hold all your shower products as well as utility products
- Painted with bronze-colored finishes, making it look distinguished
- All products should be evenly distributed weight-wise on this caddy
- Bottom products in the caddy can only be reached if you crouch
The first wooden caddy on our list it’s also one the most exceptional products you can get for your bathroom.
This teak-manufactured caddy comes fully assembled from the factory. It was produced from the finest plantations of teak in the country and kept its natural wood-grain tones.
The compact design of this free-standing corner shower shelf fits snugly in any corner of the bathroom, and it has more than enough storage space for all your shower products.
You can keep it balanced with the adjustable foot levelers if your shower has uneven flooring.
- Made with pure teak wood, this probably one of the most durable products in the list
- It comes assembled from the factory
- It has enough room for products
- The design will mesh with any bathroom arrangement
- The price point is quite high
- You need to keep an eye for mold and do proper maintenance periodically
Let the seductive tones of satin silver finishes adorn your shower with this incredibly versatile shower caddy.
This standing corner shower caddy can be used to hold all your shower products in a single place.
You can use it inside the shower or in any corner of the bathroom to keep your supplies of tissues, towels, combs, or anything you need.
The sturdy build doesn’t require any assembly, and it’s made to last for many years until it gives you any problems.
- Neat design and sturdy build make this caddy very versatile
- Each shelve is designed like a basket to hold a lot of products
- It can be used on any space of the bathroom
- Built to last
- The height of this caddy can’t be adjusted at all
- You need to distribute the weight of the bottles evenly to keep it balanced
Created with some of the most durable wired metal, you can find out there comes the iDesign Forma Metal Wire Standing Shower Shelf.
This standing shower shelf has been specially treated with rust-resistant products and a satin shade of silver to make it one of the classiest accessories you can get for your bathroom.
The versatile frame can be used to hold all your shower products inside the shower, as well as any supplies you need in an easy-to-reach place.
With the perfect size to fit in any corner of your bathroom, this is one of the best choices of caddies out there.
- Manufactured with sturdy metal wire metal and painted with satin silver to make it look stylish
- Baskets have a grid design to allow the flow of water and prevent rust or mold in your bottles
- The versatile design can be used in any space of your bathroom
- Feel lights when carried, yet is capable of holding a lot of weight
- You need to distribute the weight of your products evenly on the basket
- It needs some maintenance periodically to keep the rust away
This amazing Bino model is exquisite in its simplicity. This free-standing shower caddy was created to emulate the accessories used on high-end spas. It bears a minimalistic design that makes it stand out because it’s incredibly versatile despise being so simple-looking.
The caddy has three separate baskets with grinds that allow the passage of water; the square shapes are all made on the same size to keep the proportionality and aesthetic of the accessory.
It feels weightless when you carry it, but it’s sturdy enough to hold all your shower accessories. Without a doubt, this free-standing shower caddy is one of the best recommendations on the list.
- Minimalistic design to resemble the accessories used on Spas
- Evenly distribution of weight on all baskets makes sure that this caddy stands no matter how many things you put on it
- Decorated with a nickel coating to make it look bright and shiny
- Grind design allows for a water passage to prevent mold in your plastic bottles
- The wired metal can change shape with time if you put too much weight on it
- Your floor should be entirely flat to get this caddy
The second wooden recommendation in our list is a truly majestic bamboo caddy with a striking, yet the conservative design that can be easily placed in any corner of the bathroom.
It’s coated with three layers to make it mold and water-resistant. Stainless steel wiring is strategically placed to keep each tray from letting go of your shower products.
The versatility of this free-standing shower shelf reaches pretty far since it can be used as a bathroom accessory as well as a decorative piece with functionality in the bedroom. A great finale to our recommendations list.
- A multifunctional caddy that can be used in the bathroom as well as the bedroom
- It has enough space to keep all your products in a single place
- This caddy has been specially treated to withstand the effects of humidity and mold
- Stainless steel lined on the structure to make it more durable
- Bamboo needs periodic maintenance, even if the manufacturer offers a great deal of protection on the product
- Best suited for small spaces
I get a lot of people asking me about the best material for their standing shower caddy. The answer is very simple: it depends on your needs and how much space you have in your shower. I made a list of the most common materials used on quality shower caddies. Let’s see the benefits and the downsides of each one of them.
Chrome: Chrome is the most popular option when it comes to shower caddies because it looks great, and it’s quite affordable too. The problem with chrome, however, is that time is not kind to it. It can get rusty or crack real quick if you don’t take care of it. You can check our guide about how to keep rust from your shower caddies to get more information about this topic.
Stainless steel: Bearing some of the most stylized designs and made with lasting materials, stainless steel shower caddies don’t rust or get damaged over time. The only issue with these is that they are more expensive than chrome.
Plastic: Plastic shower caddies take away all worries about rust and complicated maintenance procedures. They are also incredibly cheap, but they can’t hold too many products at once before getting flimsy. Also, plastic shelves can get brittle over time if the plastic is of low quality.
Bamboo: Bamboo caddies are very popular for people who are looking to add a more natural touch to their showers decoration-wise. This is also one of the cheapest wooden options out there. They have to be protected to not mold.
Teak: Teak shower caddies are one of the most visually stunning additions you can make to a well-arranged bathroom. Teak is also very durable and sturdy and needs a little bit of regular maintenance. They also tend to be a bit expensive.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now that we cleared up the air about the materials, I will tackle some of the most common questions I get about standing shower caddies in my line of work. Pay attention. Maybe I’ll be clearing a familiar doubt for you in these.
Q: Does standing caddies sit on the edge of the shower or in the tub?
A: A shower caddie measuring below 3-feet can stand on the edge of the shower or in your bathtub. If you have a flat-surfaced shower, you can use any type of standing caddy with four legs.
Q: The floor in my shower is uneven; will these shower caddies stand on it?
A: This is a tricky question. It depends on the distribution of your bathroom as well as the model of caddy you are looking to pick. You should go the safe route and buy one with adjustable legs to make sure you can fit in your shower as you see fit.
Q: Can I put a caddy in the dishwasher?
A: I would not recommend this since shower caddies should be cleaned manually, but you can place them on the dishwasher machine if you are in a hurry. Use it only on plastic or metal accessories. Keep wood away from it.
Q: Are these shower caddies sturdy enough to put my foot on them when I shave my legs?
A: They are not designed to hold much weight, so it would be best if you didn’t do this at all. Even the sturdier models are not that stable for you to lean on them.
Q: How do I clean the shelves of my caddy?
Caddy shelves or racks are pretty easy to clean. You should do it every time you clean your bathroom. Make sure to use a cleaning product or a simple mix of water and dishwater soap. Wooden caddies need other types of products. If you have any doubts about how to do maintenance properly, just check our caddy cleaning guide on this link.
Well, there you have it! I hope all this information is useful for you if you are hunting for an excellent standing shower caddy. You know what the best product in the market is, as well as the best material you can choose for your money.
If you think we left something out, share your question with us in the comment section, or you can let us know what you think!